Understanding your Rights to Privacy
As healthcare providers we want you to know how we protect your personal health information. We only collect information about you and your health with your consent. We only collect the information we need to plan, arrange and provide your care. We do everything we can to make sure that only those who need your health information can have it. ProActive Rehab, currently represented by Leslie Tempest PT, CEO, is your Health Information Custodian.
What information do we collect?
- Your name, birth date, address, telephone numbers, email address, doctor’s names and insurance information as is applicable.
- Health information from your past and present. This includes your pills, any treatment you are now having an how you are feeling now.
- Contact information for a designated next of kin.
Why do we collect this information?
- To plan the best care possible with you.
- To follow federal and provincial laws.
- For research and education.
- To measure quality of care.
- To communicate with you and provide you with information we think you will find of value.
- If we want to use your information for any other reason we will ask for your consent.
Who is this information shared with?
- Your health care workers including case managers, therapists, personal support workers.
- Your doctor(s) and other agencies involved in your care (ie insurance companies, WSIB, other funding agencies)
- People you tell us to share information with.
- Volunteers helping in your care.
- Other organizations as required by law.
What are your rights?
- You may see your personal health information.
- You may have a copy of your health record.
- You may ask us to correct your records.
- Your personal information is private. We will only share your information with your consent and when required by law.
- You may complain to ProActive Rehab verbally, in writing or by email.
- You can contact the Provincial Privacy Commission at 1-800-387-0073 or the Federal Commission at 1-800-282-1376
What is your responsibility?
- To the best of your ability, give us the correct information and ask us to update it should it change.