1. How many treatments will I need?
Physiotherapy 12-15 session is average, Massage Therapy 4-8 sessions is average. Depends on injury
type and extent also on compliance and consistency.
2. How long are physiotherapy appiontments?
45-60 minutes. Cranial Sacral appointments are 30 minutes to 1 hour.
3. What is laser and how does it work?
Light or phototherapy where light penetrates tissue to stimulate celluar activity which promotes the healing
4. What is ultrasound?
High frequency sound waves that penetrates the tissue and cause the cells to vibrate. When cells vibrate
they have increased cellular activity and metabolism which facilitates the healing process.
5. Is any treatment covered by OHIP? No, we are a private clinic without the ability to bill OHIP.
6. How much does treatment cost?
Physiotherapy Assessment $94.50 Single Injury $47.50 Bilateral $68.25, Acupuncture $31.50
Massage Therapy 1/2 hr. is $50.73, 45 minutes is $65.37, 1 hour is $78.91 includes HST
OT Services-available on request
Aquatherapy $21.00 per session, Healing Waters is by session therefore price changes
7. Does my insurance cover PT/MT/OT or orthotics?
Many plans do provide some amount of coverage. You should contact your provider and clarify your
coverage. There is usually an 800 number on your card. You should also ask if a referral is required. We do
not require a referral from your doctor to see a physiotherapist, but your insurance may require one.
8. Can you direct bill to my insurance company?
We do not direct bill to the insurance companies. You would pay us up front and then submit to your
9. Can I begin treatment before receiving approval from my insurance company for a Motor
Vehicle Accident or WSIB claim?
WSIB treatment can be started right away. It is beneficial if you have a claim number first and that your
employer has submitted a claim as well as the worker has submitted paperwork to WSIB. As well your
doctor may have completed paperwork if you saw him/her first. You must be aware that if for any reason
your claim is denied you are responsible for payment. As far as Motor Vehicle Accidents are concerned, we
can start treatment right away. If you have extended health care we must use that first. Again if your claim
is denied for any reason you are responsible for any costs incurred. We do require a post-dated cheque or
credit card on file to cover the extended health care costs if we do not receive within a month.
10. Do you have a cencellation policy? Yes. As cancellations and no shows are a great loss of revenue as
well as appointment availability for other clients, we greatly appreciate your 24 hours notice for
appointments you can not keep. Our cancellation fee is $25.00 and your insurance company or WSIB will
not pay these fees, therefore you are responsible.
11. What services do you offer? Physiotherapy, Acupuncture, Cranial Sacral Therapy, Massage Therapy,
Occupational Therapy, Aquatherapy, Healing Waters, Orthotics, braces, supports, some exercise
12. What type of massage therapy do yo provide? A variety of theapeutic massage techniques including
Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, trigger polint theapy and passive stretching.
13. What are your hours? Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8am-7pm, Wednesday 8am-3pm, Friday 8am-1pm.
14. How quickly can I get an appointment? Currently we are working on a 1-2 day turnaround time.
15. Why do I need an assessment when I've seen my doctor and had x-rays done or other investigation?
Everyone starting physiotherapy needs a physiotherapy assessment. This is the opportunity for your
therapist to talk to you in detail about your injury/ailment, discuss any consults and investigations to
date and complete a thorough physical exam from a physiotherapists perspective. This will allow your
therapist to become quite familiar with you and your unique situation/needs, to discuss this with you and
plan the most beneficial approach to helping you get better. A doctors exam is usually quite brief and
x-rays are only a small part of the picture that needs to be considered. Thus, in order for us to be
most clear about what we need to do to help and for you to get the best results, the physiotherapy
assessment needs to be completed at the initiation of treatment.