At ProActive Rehab we pride ourselves on our customer service, and we do our best to meet all of our clients’ needs. This includes seeing new patients in a timely manner so that your healing process can get started as soon as possible.
Right now, if you call into our front desk to book a new assessment for an injury or condition that requires physiotherapy, you may have to wait 2 or 3 weeks to see one of our therapists. This wait time is longer than we’d like it to be, and we understand that it can be frustrating to hear. Like so many other businesses at the moment, we’re dealing with staff shortages, increased workloads and high demand, but we’re working hard to mitigate these issues.
When you’re injured or in pain, waiting a few weeks to start treatment can seem like a big setback. That’s why we’re doing everything we can to reduce our wait times and open up more appointments. We’re shuffling and optimizing our schedules, and keeping a cancellation list so that we can offer last-minute appointments to those who are waiting. We are still offering virtual appointments, so you can get an assessment without having to drive to us. We’re also actively recruiting physiotherapists, physiotherapy residents and physiotherapy assistants to our team (know someone who’s looking for a position? Send them our way!).
There are a few things you can do while you’re waiting for your appointment to help kick-start your healing journey:
- Stay positive. You will get better! An optimistic outlook really helps.
- Follow instructions. If a doctor or other specialist has given you exercises to do, definitely do them. If not, don’t try to self-diagnose or Dr. Google your condition. You don’t want to make things worse or get the wrong advice.
- Take it easy! Don’t push yourself too hard without the guidance of a physiotherapist. If it hurts, don’t do it. Rest, relax and try not to stress!
- Eat healthy food and drink lots of water. A diet high in healthy fats, proteins and vegetables can reduce inflammation, which is a major cause of pain. A healthy body heals faster, so try to nourish yourself with stuff that’s good for you.
- Book a massage. For some patients, massage can be helpful to reduce pain and stress and promote relaxation. Our RMTs have a shorter wait time than our physiotherapists, and morning and evening appointments are available.
- Get your name on our cancellation list. We’ll give you a call if anything opens up, and it often does!
If you’re in need of physiotherapy, don’t wait to book your assessment. The sooner you get started, the sooner you’ll be back to living ProActively!